June 21, 2018: WELCOME SUMMER!
During a lunch break in the company we happily remembered the days spent at sea with grandmother. When we were young and carefree the grandmother was (is and always will be) an important figure for our life, she helped us to grow, she gave us her unconditional love and always she worried about asking us: "Are you sure you have eaten?".
And how tasty were his lunch? With his red apron she won the 'best cook' award every Sunday. Fortunately, the recipes have been handed down to our mothers and some tricks we are sure that you have learned too!
We spent afternoons together, sometimes helping her to iron the handkerchief or cleaning her house (our peaceful place). We therefore wish to share with you his imaginative but effective natural remedies, indispensable for the 'bathroom of today'.
Let's start from a premise... The bathroom is the environment of our personal hygiene and for this reason it's essential to deal with germs and bacteria frequently! Here are some infallibbile advice:
HOW TO CLEAN THE TOILET BOWL
The toilet bowl needs a deep cleaning to avoid the formation of yellow spots and scale caused by water.
1.Sprinkle bicarbonateon the toilet's bowl surface every 15 days.
2. To eliminate the yellow spots, add in the container two glasses of borax*and a whole lemon juice.
3. Apply the creamy mixture on the inside wall of toilet bowl.
4. Leave for about two hours.
5. Pull the toilet flush and... voilà, the toilet bowl will be white, clean and sanitized.
*Borax is a mineral chemical, available in pharmacies, used as a natural detergent, is antibacterial and stain-resistant: your ally for house cleaning!
HOW TO CLEAN THE TOILET BRUSH
Very often the toilet brush is cleaned quicly and with little attention (it's not a pleasant operation) but it is the accesory where most of the bacteria settle.
1. Add the disinfectant to the toilet water.
2. Dip the toilet brush tuft with the handle upright and allow it to soak for about an hour.
3. Pull the toilet flush by turning the handle energetically in one direction and the other.
4. Leave the toilet brush in the open air to let it dry: it is absolutely not recommended to put it wet in its container.
5. And finally... To avoid mold and keep it sanitized for a long time a handful of soda's bicarbonate is what it takes!
HOW TO CLEAN THE SHOWER GLASS
To win against our worst enemy, limestone, we recommend another 'do-it-yourself' solution that will help you to eliminate the unsightly encrustations that form on the shower stall.
1. Fill a sprayer with half water and half white vinegar.
2. Spray the solution, suitable both on the glass walls and on the plastic walls of the shower.
3. Rub delicately with a damp sponge, leave for 10 minutes and rinse the surface.
If you have time available, to keep the walls shiny always you can use a glass wiper immediately after taking a shower.
Now you just have to try! In the meantime, we are waiting for the photos of your bright and sanitized bathrooms and we thank all the grandmothers for their precious advice!
P.S.: NEVER throw away the old toothbrush... Grandmother taught us that it can be used to clean the most difficult cracks and corners of the kitchen with bicarbonate!